Ready for a new challenge? Join our amazing team.
If you’d like to work for one of Britain’s most reputable fostering agencies, we’d love to hear from you. At Pathway Care, we pride ourselves on our aim to create a workplace where our staff feel challenged, valued and respected.
Join us in our mission to give children and young people safe, nurturing homes where they can reach their potential and flourish. View our current vacancies today here – jobs site.
As a proud part of the Acorn Care and Education Group, we’re always on the lookout for compassionate, experienced care professionals. From social workers to panel members, we strive to recruit enthusiastic team members who want to grow and develop with us.
Form F Assessors
We don’t have any vacancies at this time.
Fostering Panel Members
The Fostering Panel is an integral and essential part of our service. Panel membership includes a range of people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse experiences which as far as possible reflects the local community.
Applicants must be able to contribute to all fostering panel functions including; making recommendations on the assessment and approval of foster carer applicants, foster carer reviews and terminations of approval and be able to demonstrate a thorough and robust approach to assessing written information.
Applicants must have good understanding and awareness of the needs of Looked After children and the issues affecting them.
Applicants must live within reasonable travelling distance of panel and wherever possible will be recruited locally.
All applicants will be required to undertake a DBS check as part of the recruitment process.
Panel members receive panel paperwork electronically so applicants should have secure access to a laptop (or similar).
Applicants must be available to participate in panel meetings from 9.30am-4.30pm. They will also need sufficient time for preparation before meetings
Panel Members receive induction and training and will be appraised annually.
Expenses are provided for travel and payment for preparation for and attendance at Panel meetings.
We are currently seeking applications for the following:
South West England
Panel meetings are currently convened at our Ashburton Office in Devon or at our Bristol Office and meet approximately once each month.
- Vice Chair
As the vice chair will be required to chair the panel on occasion, the requirements for vice chair are the same as those for the position of chair. Applicants for these posts must be able to prepare for panel meetings, identifying key issues and working with the panel advisor if necessary, to ensure items are ready for consideration at panel. They must ensure all members contribute fully to all panel functions and that clear and accurate minutes are written.
Applicants will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Specifically, applicants will need:
- A Social Work qualification e.g. DipSW or CQSW
- Experience of chairing complex meetings where various views are expressed
- The ability, if needed, to lead a meeting with appropriate authority and tactfulness
- The ability to identify areas of strength and those of concern and maintain a strong safeguarding focus
- Experience of, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in foster care
- Knowledge of the fostering process and practice and the legislative framework for the work of panel
- People with experience of being looked after in foster care
- People with a health background and experience of the health and well-being of Looked after Children.
This Panel is held at our office in Tongwynlais, Cardiff and meets approximately once a month.
Panel members with a health background and experience of the health and well-being of Looked after Children.
Our office is in Bromsgrove and panel meetings are held there monthly.
We require people with experience of being looked after in foster care
How to apply?
- Download our Application Form and complete – clearly stating which region and role you are applying for.
- Email your completed form to Recruitment@fosteringsolutions.com
Closing date for all vacancies is 18th December.