Why Carers Choose Pathway Care
Every carer is different but all benefit from an organisation committed to delivering the best - the best all round package for carers and a focus on facilitating the best outcomes for the children and young people in our care.
As a foster carer with Pathway Care you will receive:
• Highly competitive tax free fostering allowance. These vary depending on the age and the needs of the child or young person you are caring for and the Local Authority that is ultimately responsible for the child. We ensure accurate and timely payments to our carers.
• Training to TSD Standards & Diploma Level 3. Additional on-going training is provided and is dictated by the needs of the child and / or your desire to specialise.
• Access to carer support groups with dedicated groups for Men who Foster, and for those who have their own children - Children who Foster. We want to ensure that the voices of your birth or adopted children are listened to and encourage them to put their views forward via these groups.
• Support tailored to your needs and the needs of the child or young person for whom you are caring. Support will consist of a minimum number of visits per month by your dedicated Supervising Social Worker, the support of a Family Outreach Worker where necessary, plus regular telephone contact. Additional support may be provided depending on the needs of the child.
• A 24/7, 365 days a year emergency support resource available locally. This consists of 3 levels of support depending on the nature of the situation, from the Duty Social Worker, Operations Manager, and up to Regional Service Manager.
• Membership of Foster Talk, an organisation that is an additional source of independent help and advice on a range of fostering related matters.
Each Regional Support Centre has a calendar of social events for foster carers and their looked after children and their own children.
Pathway Care has exemplary practice standards and supports carers in achieving those same standards. It is by adhering to these standards together that we can deliver excellent outcomes for the children and young people in our care.
Quote from one of the foster children in our care;
“Keep the memories alive and safe because you can’t change the past but you can change the future. To my foster carers – these past 11 years of my life have been the greatest. I don’t know how to thank you enough and I love you”.
Please download our free guide on "Keeping Children Safe Online". It is one example of how we work to ensure Children stay safe.